Are you tired of using every stencil, gel, powder, pencil, pigment at the makeup counter spending lots of money and your brows are still sparse? Look no further there is Microblading, a more permanent fix for thin brows that will change your look and feel. Eyebrow Microblading goes by a few different names like, Micro stroking, Micropigmentation, Eyebrow Embroidery, 3D Eyebrows and Micro feathering. No matter the name Microblading, beauty service has since evolved, with new techniques introduced as Micro feathering, which is Microblading with a lighter touch focused on adding just a little to the brows existing shape, or micro shading, which mimics the look of brow makeup with a more obviously filled-in look instead of hair-like strokes.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a procedure categorized under Permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic Tattooing, it is less invasive and is consider Semi-Permanent. Microblading is a technique using a pre-sterilized disposable super-fine hand tool with ultra-fine needles to deposit pigment into skin. Using a tool with ultra-fine needles allows each “hair” gently etched into skin, giving a natural and realistic look. The needles reach only into the superficial layers of the skin, which is what makes the method semi-permanent (versus permanent, like traditional cosmetic tattoos). Microblading can dramatically correct of full reconstruct lost eyebrow to enhance their brows or have little to no eyebrows, thinning brows from age or over tweezed brows. Compared to other techniques, Microblading gives a more natural look and better simulates hair.
How long does Microblading last?
Since Microblading pigments are not implant into the skin as deep traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade over time. Microblading typically can last 1-3 years depending on your skin type (Dry, Normal or Oily) or depending on your lifestyle. In order to keep brows looking fresh, a touch up is recommend every 12 months to 24 months maximum.
Does Microblading hurt?
Our Technicians at Glam Glow Med Spa take every precaution necessary to ensure the Microblading procedure is as pain free as possible. A strong topical anesthetic cream is used prior to and during the procedure to keep you as comfortable as possible. Some clients find the procedure a little uncomfortable while others report no discomfort at all.
How long does it take for recovery or healing time?
The brow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark but fade after 2 weeks. This is normal and part of the healing process. After a couple of days, you will notice slight scabbing. DO NOT pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the Microbladed area. The pigment is within the scab and you do not want to pull any pigment out of your skin prematurely. The brows will lighten up in color as it heals. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the full color to set in. All clients heal differently and what works on one person may not be effective on another. A touch up session after 4-6 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Clients can take Tylenol but not aspirin or ibuprofen.
The complete healing process takes approximately 2-4 weeks.
How to prepare for your appointment
- Do not drink Alcohol or Caffeine. (24 Hours Before)
- Do not take Advil or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically Necessary. (72 Hours Before)
- Botox should be 2 weeks before or 2weeks after.
- Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
- No waxing, tanning or tinting 3 days before.
- Arrive with no makeup for your appointment. A lot of wiping of pigment takes place and makeup can be ruin, save yourself the hassle!
You are NOT a suitable candidate for the procedure if you are:
- Diabetic (Needs doctor Clearance)
- Sick (Cold, Flu, Etc.)
- History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Organ Transplant
- Accutane in the past year
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Skin Irritations or psoriasis near the treated (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Heart conditions such as Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure or Poor general health.
- Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing would make you not a good candidate for micropigmentation.
Aftercare is Key
Aftercare means protecting freshly bladed brows from all moisture: no sweaty workouts, swimming, or washing your face with water for a whole week. If the brows get wet, it will make the scabs come off too easy and all pigment will be lost.
- Within 2 hours after the procedure, apply bacitracin or healing ointment that a client is not allergic.
- Make sure to apply a light layer of healing ointment morning and night to brows for at least 5-7 days.
- Do not over apply healing balm.
- Do not immerse brow area in water for at least 7 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound; using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol and Aspirin/Ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days.
- No Face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.
- Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
Step 1: Consultation
During your one on one consultation, our Microbladingexperts will find out more about you and answer all your questions you may have about this transforming procedure. Custom tailored brows just for you.
Step 2: Desired Brow Shape
Our Microblading experts will take their time with you to come up with a brow shape that compliments your facial features.
Step 3: Numbing
High-grade topical anesthetic is apply for a pain free procedure.
Step 4: Eyebrow Mapping
Precise detail in marking where your brow should start and end along with finding out where your arch is naturally at its highest.
Step 5: Shaping your new brow
A well-shaped brow outline
Step 6: Microblading Magic Begins
Lay down and relax. Your Microblading begins.
Final Reveal: Bye Bye to drawing in your eyebrows
Wake up and just go. No more drawing in your eyebrows or worrying about them smudging off. The results are beautiful and natural!